Saturday, December 11, 2010

Momma called the Dr. and the Dr. said....

I think I have a sickness, I have totally forgotten how to relax. When did it come to this? I'm not exactly sure but I think I have totally lost the ability to put my feet up and take an evening off. I'm sitting here now trying to tell myself that the dishes in the sink that Mitch said we were going to leave and quote "be lazy tonight" are going to be just fine until I can get my hands on them tomorrow morning *sigh* the presents on the counter can be wrapped tomorrow at some point, and the Christmas baking can definitely wait until sometime later this week. The nice long bath that I was going to take turned out to be about 20 mins long with me thinking the whole time about what I was going to do when I got out. It's sad, I realize but I'm happy the way I am until I start working away into the night and then I think I will need an intervention. However I am feeling better about getting most of the Christmas shopping out of the way, just a few little things that can be picked up close to home and I should be done. Just the humongous pile of presents need to be tamed and wrapped, but those bad boys have their days numbered before they go off to their forever homes and outta my hair.

The last few days this week have certainly been colorful, I have been trying to get an idea of where we are supposed to be this year to see all of our families during the holidays so I made a few phone calls so I can start planning. I guess my aunt and uncle are going to be staying here for about a week, which is fine we offered it up to them in November. It will be right after Lynne and Graham are up for our early Christmas so I'm hoping there won't be any family overlap, as that might be a little to painful to endure. After suffering through the dad's girlfriends' call I had to immediately call my half sister and my aunt to find out the real deal behind what will be happening on that side of the family, as Sal had stated that Christmas is cancelled and nobody was going to see Grandpa... I guess this happens every year, I just don't call that early in the month to hear all her empty threats. Fantastic, you can stay home and cancel yourself while we all enjoy a nice meal without you. Whatever we all will meet at the home like we do every year, and that solves my dilemma on how to fit everyone in. Gotta love the holidays when you can't stand some of your family right? right? Oh well tomorrow me and my little family are heading over to my mom's house for her birthday dinner and we should all have a good time, no drama just good times. Sometimes I just wonder why things can be so easy, and yet things are so hard at the same time, guess that's why my mom got the hell out of her marriage and that family...

L

No comments: