Saturday, December 4, 2010

Back On-line

Sorry I have been MIA for the last few days, we have been busy to say the least but our computer was also very sick as of late and it's finally up and running at a speed that I'm willing to take a crack at writing again. Since Lynne let this crazy virus run rampant on our computer we have had nothing but trouble. We brought in our biggest computer buff to fix it and it finally took formatting the hardrive twice, running multiplele software programs, program fixes, and finally the cannibalization of three computers to get it all running right and about 25 hours of quality bonding time. It was a computer graveyard in my office as we painfully had to step back in to the stone age as Mitch put it, using a Frankensteined set up just trying to get logged into the very basics to get us through the week. We laughed about having to use a "roller" mouse, ha! it was brutal and man that mouse isn't really that old, or the fact that we moved up two mammoth monitors (Remember the one that you gave me Chad? the one that weighs like 40 pounds?) due to the fact that our flat screen monitor wasn't compatible with our slightly older tower. Mitch finally ended up bringing home our PC from the office and with a little magic, upgrading and a whole lot of TLC we are finally back! I realized that I spend an awful lot of time on here and being forced to find other things to keep me company during the day made me realize I am capable of getting more done and wasting less time if I just stay away from the black hole of time sucking, aka the internet.

Losing the last week in November due to Linda's death has really put me behind schedule for Christmas 2010, and that is making me a little nuts. I have most of the kid's gifts all ready for wrapping, but I just need to find sometime to get out and get my mom's b-day gift and all the other "early Christmas" stuff out of the way. Mitch's mom just confirmed that instead of being here next weekend she will be arriving on the 18th so that gives me a few more days to get everything together. My list is getting longer by the day, and it's only the 4th! Man you gotta love Christmas if your a mom, and I only can imagine what it's going to be like when Hailey is a bit bigger! Well at least I have my computer back and I can get back to my spreadsheets and mailing labels (which I have to find somewhere on our back up hardrive that we just got and back everything up... thank the lord... I would have been SOL otherwise!)

Otherwise things are getting back to normal around here, and I couldn't be happier! Mitch and I took Hailey to see Santa yesterday and that was just a total disaster, we all got to be in the picture as Santa is apparently a really scary dude. Then all she could talk about the rest of the day was "Santa, ho ho ho" what I would give to be in her brain sometimes...

Well I'm going to try and recover my lost data, wish me luck!

L

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow, what a nightmare those computer viruses can be! Once they hijack your pc it can be so difficult to get rid of, especially before they do damage! It is maddening that there are bastards out there that think of ways to be destructive for kicks.

How is Mitch's dad doing? It must be rough for him right now. I haven't done one christmassy thing yet as we just got back. The last few years though my family has agreed on a no gifts policy so that makes all of our lives easier. There are no kids in the family just adults and you get to the point where you have everything you need.

I still get something for my Grandma and will for grandma Latte as well, so just a few gifts to get for me. I also already found the $10 gift for xmas eve.

Well hope you have a great fruitful week, we look forward to seeing you next weekend!