Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tis The Season

Tis the season for joyfulness, love and goodwill. In theory it all sounds really great, wouldn't it be great if everyone for just a moment put aside the anger, hate or thoughtlessness aside for just a few moments and really did something nice for someone else? I am not a religious person so I'm not going to be the one to lecture about losing the real reason behind Christmas but it is sad that we almost all get consumed in the commericalism of the holiday. Give a kid a present that they wouldn't have gotten, donate some food to the food bank, or give a few bucks to the poor dude dressed as Santa ringing his little bell. I for one stood back after looking at the mountain of gifts I have for Hailey and my heart hurt a little for the little kids that don't have it as good. A little know fact about me is I am a recovering Grinch, sometimes I have to tell myself to knock it off when I feel the "I hate Christmas" feelings starting to bubble up from my heart that is a few sizes to small, but in all honesty I just want to create something wonderful for my little girl above all else. I guess what really gets me the most is how fake some people are for one or two days of the year, just for the sake of the holiday, that just kills me. I couldn't tell you how many Christmas' resulted in tears, fighting or some form of awkwardness in our family over the years and we all carried on with the charade every year anyways. Now is the time to make new traditions and stop thinking about all the things in the past that have made this time of year stressful, easier said then done but the end results will be worth it. As I look back on 2010 I am very very grateful for what I have, and who I have in my life. I can officially say I'm going to be leaving 2010 in better shape then I started it, and setting some pretty high goals for 2011. I can't wait to see what the New Year has in store for us. But until then I will sit back and try to be grateful for everything good in my life and try and survive the next few days... I mean love every moment of it...



L

No comments: