Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

The CEO of Casa Carr is back to work, the holidays are officially over and it's back to the grind. Christmas has officially disappeared off the face of the Earth and we are ready to welcome 2011! I for one am very excited to see what will happen this year, and I haven't felt this way in awhile I normally lament over the ending of the past year and the starting of a new one. Looking back at 2010 we had a resurgence of weddings to go to and a few more little babies entered the scene but otherwise it was a pretty flat year for us here at the Carr house. Maybe it's Hailey being a little older that is going to allow us to adventure a little farther as a family this year that has me really excited or just the fact that almost all our friends have found a groove and are returning to life after all being shell shocked with newborns. Thinking about another baby? Hell no especially after the last three nights of not sleeping, that will not be happening by our helping it this year and that makes me happy as well. Which by the way means that we will not be moving this year either, which also makes me very happy.

So were there any of the superficial New Years resolutions made this year, nope. Just going to try my best to be at my best. I need to brush up on some new "Super Nanny" techniques for timeouts so that means a little more time devoted to reading some parenting books but that about is it for me. Mitch and I tried to time Hailey out last week which resulted in a total and complete failure, she thought it all was a big game and you might as well have stamped a big fat L on both of our foreheads. Mental note, do not let your one year old start controlling the situation now you have far too many years ahead. Ah well at least we can laugh about it, and in the meantime I will develop a new strategy to handle the little miss. It's just hard to be serious when she goes around "what does mommy say... No! Mommy says No plants!" with finger pointed, ahhh to be in her head for just a day...

So my major slacking has left me to a humongous pile of house work, but it feels good to have my house back and to ourselves.

Happy New Year everyone

L

No comments: