Thursday, November 25, 2010

So it's a Goodbye and a Farwell

Yesterday was a terrible day. We got a call about 12:30 yesterday from Mitch's dad Larry informing us that his wife Linda had passed away. I'm just heartbroken about it, she was such a wonderful lady who only welcomed people into her heart and her home and made sure you went home with a full belly. I couldn't have asked for a better Step Mother-In Law as she was kind, loving, compassionate, smart, strong and much much more. I would leave Hailey with her in a heartbeat and not even worry a minute while she was in her care. Larry had been on a business trip to Grande Prairie overnight and when he got home yesterday morning he found her collapsed on the floor in their computer room, and is quite positive she died of a massive heart attack. I have always worried about this happening to my own mom, being in her house alone I have thought about it quite a bit, but never really worried about Linda dying alone especially after Larry officially "retired" only a few weeks ago. I hope it was quick for her, I can only wish that she didn't suffer at all. Mitch and I headed over to their place last night, and with Linda's two children Sandra and Derek we all sat around laughing about all the good times we all shared together. It certainly made it a little easier for us all to get over the complete shock by sharing some good memories and having a few laughs. I think today things will be a little harder for everyone as reality starts to set in and we all start feeling the impact of her departure. I worry a little for Larry, as he seems fine in the moment but the second he doesn't have something distracting him, I know he is going to really start his grieving. It just seems a little unfair that they were both at the point in their lives that they were ready to just start to really enjoy going and doing things together. Cruel fate, but isn't that always how it seems to go? Goodbye Linda, we loved you very much. I can't imagine how things are going to be without you and I'm really sad to have to picture our lives without you in it. You hold a special place in my heart.

It's official today Tara and Kyle are off to start their new chapter of their lives in Vancouver. I wish them well, and with both sad and happy tears I wish them well. Like they say it's only a farewell, until we meet again.

Well I need to get some stuff done today as next to nothing got accomplished yesterday except a lot of crying. The laundry monster waits for no one.

L

2 comments:

Chad said...

That is very sad, we're thinking about you guys.

Tammy said...

Aww...that is really sad. She sounds like a wonderful lady and how terrible for Larry to loose his partner like that. Jeez, what crappy news : (