Monday, January 9, 2012

Dusting off the Blog

New year new ambition to blog a bit more? perhaps, perhaps not let's not get crazy. I read some where that the first 10 days of the year are typical for the way your year is going to play out, hum not to sure I'm in love with that statement. In the first 10 (well today is only the 9th but I'm pretty confident I'm not going to blog two days in a row... I might get a cramp) days we will have attended a funeral, failed to complete a book club book, started a food detox from Christmas goodies, gone to see Beauty and the Beast, congratulated 3 people on new additions to their families, and successfully packed away all of the holiday season. So does 2012 look like it's going to be a gooder? the jury is still out on that, guess I'm just going to have to put my faith in the fact that the Mayans are off on their calculations and even if it is the end of their calender, it's not the end of the world. If the weather has any indication that the world is coming to an end then at least we Edmontonians are going to go out in our T-shirts and flip flops.

This start to the year actually feels real good, as in there were no "New Years Resolutions" set for me! Not that I normally set unrealistic goals or try and make huge changes, maybe it's just a bit of maturity speaking, but I feel no big changes at this time are required. I guess all I'm really hoping for is more fun and adventure in 2012, and with H getting to be the perfect age for a lot more things I'm pretty confident that is going to happen. I wish everyone all the best this year, and as soon as everyone in my family gets a chance to say good bye to Richard tomorrow I think we all can start fresh and celebrate everything that is to come.

L

No comments: