Friday, January 13, 2012

Little Lady

Over the last few weeks we certainly have seen some big changes here at the Carr house, H is sure growing up fast! We have finally finished with diapers and pull-ups and moved right on to big girl panties, Mitch wanted to make the leap before me and I just wanted to use up the rest of the diapers :) Ha I will just give them away, as there is no shortage of people to give them to around here! And with no more diapers came no more napping, both good and bad we are done with it completely. We also did away with the soother last night, although it was a little hairy scary from 2-3 this morning we suffered through! I hope tonight goes better and from here on out she just realizes that it's not an option for her to fall asleep anymore. I also was looking into her crib converter package (we need the bed rails to make it from a day bed into a double) it is proving to be a lot more difficult then I thought it would be so we might actually get my childhood bed set from mom depending on the headache of going with what we have now. Most of the mom's in my mom group are checking out preschools next week, so I probably will be doing that too! I think I would really appreciate having two afternoons a week to myself! Not too sure what I would do with myself but the thought alone is very enticing! All the baby gates/baby proofing items also bit the dust, as we really don't need them and most of the things (aka the baby gate) were more annoying for us to have up then dealing with H in the first place. Not that we took the electrical covers off or anything :) but it's starting to feel like a house again around here!

It's weird to have so much pride for your child that is really gaining a lot of independence, and a sense of sadness too that they no longer really need you to protect them from everything. Guess we must be doing something right as H seems to be hitting all these milestones way before her peers.

This is such a fun stage for me, no more poopy diapers, naps, and soothers we really are entering a new stride with our little big girl. Enter more opinions, more inquisitive questions, more tantrums! This year is totally going to be different for us ;)

L

1 comment:

Tammy said...

She has really grown up and it is really apparent to us the changes every time we see her. I am not surprised she is catching on to things so quickly as you talk to her alot and teach her a lot of things.

I know some people really enjoy the baby stage but I think it must be nice now that she can talk and do some things for herself. Her next birthday will be here before you know it.