Thursday, January 19, 2012

Stir Crazy!

If you live in Alberta you are aware that there are going to be awful cold days in the winter that make you just want to pull the covers over your head and forget about everything. Normally these days don't really bother me, as that's just what winter here is all about.... but this year being trapped in the house with an extremely busy 2 year old is driving me nuts! Just the thought of piling on all the clothes required to get to the grocery store makes you dig a little farther into your cupboards and make due with what you have. In fact I actually asked my mother in law to bring me over some tomatoes when she was coming for a visit, hey better her out there then me right??

It was so cold out there that all my new and heat efficient windows had frost forming on the inside. Much to H's delight, after busting her with her face plastered to the window to eat "ice cream".

I made use of our three day jammie party by watching a lot of new movies with Hailey sprinkled in with a heavy dose of Beauty and the Beast. I think we probably watched it 20 odd times in three days.... which probably explains a lot of the "crazies" I'm suffering from.... Beeeeeeeeee our guest, be our guest put our service to the test...... and she wonders why I can't sing along to every movie out there!

We made it out today and it wasn't so bad out there, but the jeep had a hard time getting going. It stays parked in our attached garage but I think it just wanted to let me know that it was freaking cold in there for the last few days.

I know that we have had it super easy so far this winter season, which makes me think that maybe we are in for a bit more spells like this. All I know is I'm super grateful that I didn't have a flat tire, my furnace break, lock myself out of my car, or had to walk anywhere... just to name a few things that happened to my friends over the last few days!

Keep warm people!

L

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I hope you gave H the don't like cold metal talk! ha ha