Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dam You Will Wheaton

Oh Big Bang Theory why have I denied you so long... well it's probably because I have a hard time getting into new shows and I don't usually give them a chance. But the stars must have been aligned about a month ago when I didn't change the channel before I hit the treadmill and proceeded to kill my fat cells. There are so many things about the show that I think are just funny, and being late on the band wagon I am just starting to really understand what is going on and laugh... really really laugh. Last night for instance, I had no idea why there was so much hate for Will Wheaton, it was just a given fact and with out being a total spoiler there was some verbal smack down that occurred during a "Magic" game followed by a few Moon pie comments it was just freaking funny. Well if you don't know who Will Wheaton is, this show isn't probably for you as there is a lot of StarTrek, Start Wars, D&D, and the like references that will have you lost before you even started. Maybe it's just me, being subjected to a variety of these things growing up that I have a soft spot in my heart for the guys on the show or maybe it's really who I am deep down. I think that every once in awhile everyone should get their geek on and this show is a good outlet for me. I highly recommend you check it out, there is a little something for everyone from the dude that still lives at home with his mother, to the guy that can't talk to chicks unless he is drunk, to the guy that is way to smart for his own good. Infact there is a new episode on tonight and believe me that baby is going  to get PVR'ed as I just got the green light from Mitch that I will be going out with the ladies tonight for my friends bridal shower. Her Bachelorette party was something out of the twilight zone but I will leave that one for another day as I am still a little traumatized from the "passion party" portion of the evening.... whoop whoop bring on the bridal shower :)

L

4 comments:

Chad said...

Tammy watches this show but I do not (but then again, I dont' watch TV at all), which may be kind of strange considering I could easily be one of the dudes in it.

<nerd>
Oh, and by the way, there's only one L in Wil Wheaton.
</nerd>

Tammy said...

That was such a funny episode. When they were talking in Cling On was too funny. They are such odd lovable characters. I am also a nerd at heart, but often I feel more like penny surrounded by nerds. The guys I work with including my wonderful man have similar conversations all the time. All the warcraft references make me laugh too, for obvious reasons.

There is one where Howard makes a mechanical arm and uses it for "self serving" purposes that is hilarious!

O..and you must tell us about the "passion party"! That sounds like an interesting topic..lol

Chad said...

@Tammy It's Klingon, not "cling on".

Tammy said...

See what I mean! I am constantly corrected by the nerd posse. We already know i just run AROUND the dork forest, I don't go in : )