Monday, November 15, 2010

The High Cost of Waiting

For years I have heard my husband teach people this concept, and in the investment world it's a pretty crucial lesson to learn regarding investing your money. Simply put the longer you wait to start investing your money the harder it will be for you to attain a substantial amount for your retirement. But that's not what I wanted to blog about tonight, I just feel that things are a little out of control in my life right now and if I could I would just hit the pause button. One of my friends FB status the other day was something along the lines of if she could have the remote control in that Adam Sandler movie she promised not to abuse the power. I'm down with that, just a good old fashion pause would do for me right now. I catch myself thinking I just need to make it till.... instead of really just living my life and I'm getting tired of living like this. I barely survived this weekend, it's been a long 5 days here at the Carr house and I think it will take about a week to catch up, which nobody has the luxury to get. My house guests have finally left, left me with a pile of soul sucking laundry, vacuuming, fridge emptying, dish washing, bathroom disinfecting, and basement cleaning. I am happy to have my house back however, and I think my cats are as well. Monty my crazy orange cat lashed out today and bit my mother in law really badly and now I have to worry if it was because he was frightened or if he just made a really aggressive move. Either way if he does it again we will have to put him down, and that horrifies me. Hailey also picked up a little stomach bug and I spent the majority of the night rushing her over to the kitchen sink to let her finish puking her guts out, then stripping her down, washing her off and then spot cleaning the carpet where she had been playing. Fun times I tell ya! I got a good solid dose of single parenting this weekend too, and believe me I have the utmost respect for the momma that have to do it everyday, all day, all year. To top it all off Hailey and I attended Tara and Kyle's going away party and that well sucks, I got there before they did and got a good look at the empty house and it was just heartbreaking. If anything I would just love to put that move on pause for a few days, yeah I can be selfish like that sometimes. Well tomorrow is a new day, and I hope that I can get my computer repaired after the virus my MIL downloaded onto our computer this weekend (I had a guy here for 4 hours on Friday and there is something still not quite right), my jeep back into the shop (that stupid little engine light came on again coming home on Saturday), get my house back into some sort of order, and maybe just maybe get to see my husband more then a few minutes in passing while we head off to bed.

L

No comments: