Sunday, August 21, 2011

Epic Weekend

I don't think that anyone would disagree that the weather was just awesome here this weekend, and I hope that everyone got out and enjoyed a little bit of it. Personally I don't really like it when the heat gets hotter then 25, but being that today was the hottest of 2011and that it's August 21st, I think that I can handle it.

We did a lot of cool things this week, and I have to say that on Wednesday I took Hailey back to the park, and am happy to report it was so much better. I guess that Wed is the day to go if you have a toddler, because it's mom group day, and even though I'm not in one of the few groups that meet there it was nice that the little ones ruled the place, well that and pregnant ladies ;) Thursday I took Hailey to the Fringe, and even though it's a little beyond her this year, she certainly enjoyed the face painting (she wanted a chicken) and making a "robot" at the Kids Fringe. Oh and the mini doughnuts were delicious, totally made the trip worth it (time to get back on the health bandwagon!!!).

Friday we took a family day trip to the Calgary zoo, and all I have to say is.... It's freaking awesome. I mean if you like going to zoo's and watching wild animals locked up in confined spaces for your entertainment... I do have massive guilt when I walk through zoo's, but the Calgary facility is so much more accommodating to the animals, and if I had a choice of where I was going to be locked up it would definitely be there over the craptastic Valley zoo. I do know that they have breeding programs there that release some endangered species back into their natural environment, so at the very minimum they are trying to make a positive difference. Hailey had the best time, and bottom line that's why me made the effort. I really enjoyed watching her point and identify all the critters as she cruised around all day barely stopping for a second (and there is that much to see, it was an entire day of looking at stuff). It was such an awesome day, and it was a good thing that we went as a spur of the moment type of thing as I think we would have packed along two more grandma's, and Aunt and a cousin.... which wouldn't have been quite so fun for us.

The rest of the weekend (Mitch didn't go into the office at all! woohoo!) we got a lot of stuff done around the house, and a few of those projects done that you never seem to have time to do. Which is great considering that some of the leaves are starting to turn yellow already and there is nothing worse then knowing the snow is on it's way.

Oh and I am super happy to report that we officially have a big girl sleeping in her very own big girl bed! all the stuff I worried about for nothing... yeah take that mommy, I'm a big girl. Napping isn't totally cracked up to what it used to be, but I guess that's the way it's going to be. It will be nice to have control of my afternoons again, that 1:00 nap really is hard to work around when you want to plan something fun. Time to go and have a snuggle on the couch with my hubby.

L

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow you guys had an awesome time. I have heard lots of great things about the Calgary zoo, everyone really raves about it. I don't think I have ever been there.

The weather was most excellent. My friend came over today and we went to the dog part too and the dogs were having a blast splashing in the water.

That was nice to have Mitch home too, good to work a bit less and have some quality time, especially when the weather is so nice. There will be lots of time for staying inside.