Friday, August 12, 2011

Taking the easy out

I have decided that I'm not going to be joining the summer blogging challenge, besides being late to the party, I took a look at my August calender and it looks like we are going to be just as busy as July, and I just don't want the fun to be taken out of blogging when I do have a second. But I am happy that it is happening because I actually have stuff to read when I log in on here! yay! I am going to try and make a better effort on here however as now that the glitchy stuff is "fixed" on my account it's not so discouraging.

We have had a very busy summer thus far and can't wait for the next few weeks, as there is still a lot to come. With the weather being better (and the mosquitoes not being so vicious) we have been able to enjoy some of what the city has to offer around here. Lots of fun at the playground, spray parks, bike rides, walks to grandma's house (yup she is officially that close to us now). Calgary Zoo is on the agenda, as well as the St.Albert farmer's market along with a petting zoo that's not too far from there, Jurassic Forest (which is a dinosaur park just North of the city) and plenty more of the same fun close to home until the summer is over.

Mitch and I are taking the big plunge this weekend and moving H to a "big girl bed" which will bring in a variety of new challenges to our day to day. No longer will she be locked in the crib, or baby jail as we like to call it and be free to destroy her room at all hours of the night. I'm thinking that will also be the end of her nap, as it already seems like most days she doesn't want to have one (which is so strange because when she does nap it's for 3 hours, guess it's all or nothing with her) which means it will be the end to my "free time" on the computer in the afternoon, another reason that the blog challenge isn't really right for me right now. Will be interesting here for the next few days that's forsure. Once the bed is off the agenda, potting training is right behind... and poof just like that we have a "big girl".

Well I should wrap this up, I have a few things that need to get done here before I leave for bookclub tonight! yay! Can't wait to talk about "Hunger Games", basically it's a series about kids killing kids, governed by the government for entertainment. The movie is due out in Dec for all those not too keen on reading.

L

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hunger games! That sounds like a fairly intense book. Our co-worker Steve just took his two boys to the Dinosaur park by gibbons and said it was amazing. The youngest wasn't completely convinced that they weren't real!

Let us know anytime you want to do the market we are around most saturdays!