Thursday, October 7, 2010

Denied

So all the worry about going to visit my Grandpa was over nothing, as per usual we were denied our visit over to the house. I should be more angry then I am, but this is the game that is always played when we want to go over there. I used to just do drop by visits, you would think in a house that had 3 retired people that it wouldn't be a problem. But when 4 out of the 4 adults that are living there are quite sick you it would be pretty rare to pick a day that none of them have some kind of appoinment, and I get that, that's why I always call now before I go. But the thing is I did call, on Sunday, before 6 o'clock when everone is in bed as per the rules. I knew deep down that it wasn't going to go well for Steven and I when I only spoke to the freeloader that is staying at the house. He said that it would be fine to stop by "anytime they are always home" which is a bunch of BS and I knew it, I just should have phoned back like my gut told me to. I was super angry after I talked to my dad's g-friend's son on Sunday too as I didn't think it was approprate that he was talking to me like I was his good buddy. No I didn't get "pissed" the night before, No I don't plan on getting "pissed" tonight and what we did all weekend is none of your dam business. Why don't you get off your lazy 40+ year old ass and get a job and get out of my grandfathers house... Besides I think he confused me with my half sis Lana because what he was saying to me didn't make a whole lot of sense, what a total dumb ass.

My dad's g-friend was such a cow when I phoned over there too, which only makes it worse. She likes to be a barrier between me and my family, I don't know if it makes her feel good that she has the ultimate say in whether we can go visit or not but she always plays this game. I'm even surprised that she picked up the phone the first time I called, that's another of my favorite games she plays, listen to the message before she calls me back. Might just be a coincidence you say? well she almost always calls me back within minutes of listening to the message or forgets that I called earlier and says that she was there the whole time (she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer). Whatever we can't come over, Steven was a little pissed but he ultimatley doesn't care either. The sad thing is we will get the guilt trip laid on us when we finally are allowed over about not visiting more often... Ack why bother, the thing is I love my grandfather so much that I will endure this for as long as it takes.

We will see if it happens next week, I will keep you posted.

L

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I have never seen a picture of your grandpa, he looks like a nice guy. That really sucks that you have to put up with family politics to visit him. It seems like other people have control issues and want to control things by only letting you have access on their terms. That is too bad.

Well take the high ground and you and Steven will get to see your grandpa, I sure he will really enjoy that.