Thursday, October 21, 2010

Running Fool

Hooray it's been over a month and I'm still keeping up with my running regime! Survived Thanksgiving and didn't succumb to the temptations of the holiday (I made Mitch and me a weight watchers apple crumble for our dessert, which is super yummy and not that horrible for you) now if I can make it past the delicious little chocolate bars of Halloween I'm pretty sure I can make my goal of getting into an old favorite pair of pants (comfortably with no muffin top) by Christmas! I didn't set a weight loss goal this time, and it seems to be working better for me as weight has always been a relative number as I can put on muscle fairly easily and I will usually see a clothing size drop and not a change on the scale. I am losing my running buddy, as Tara and me have been being accountable to each other by documenting our runs but hopefully her move back home won't derail her efforts thus far.

I also set a goal to run a 10K run before the big 3-0 next June, but I'm already logging 8K without issue right now so I might want to set my goal a little higher. That's a little scary to me as I have never run further then what I am doing right now in one shot and 10K seems like a very realistic distance for me to achieve. I have been inspired by one of the girls I used to work with a few years ago as last weekend she completed a full marathon of 42K. She is a super star losing well over a 100 pounds in the last year and pushing herself to train for the marathon all summer, I think about her everytime I jump on the treadmill.

Well I do love my evening runs, well in exception to last night when I forgot that my aunt and uncle were coming over to drop off a gift for Hailey and I had to fly off the treadmill, shower and dress in a matter of 2 mins and pretend like I wasn't going to die when we were visiting. It gives me a few mins every second day to just remember that I'm not just a mom there is still a bit of Lisa somewhere in there, well the skinnier version screaming at me to keep going.

L

1 comment:

Tammy said...

8K is very impressive, that is a real feat. I am terrible with distance. It sounds like you are really close to you 10K goal! Treadmills are great for that because you can walk or run, good for almost everybody.