Friday, October 15, 2010

I am Jacks Broken Heart

I mentioned last post that my friends are moving back home, and this week I actually had to start facing reality :( I really thought that I would be taking this better then I have been over the last few days, as it's not exactly a surprise, but it still sucks no matter what way you look at it. I can't believe that I'm not going to beable to see her twins turn one or a variety of things that I just assumed we would celebrate together, it's crazy that they are going to be gone so fast after accepting the job. I guess I when it's something you really want, and have wanted for a long time you are going to make it happen ASAP. The mature side of me knows all the right things to tell myself when I'm having a total self pity moment, but the 5 year old in me wants to tantrum it out anyway. I have never been dumped but I'm thinking this is what it must feel like. Oh well the way things are going right now I know that I'm going to be a ugly mess when it's actually time to wish them off, so much for not falling apart in public.

Steve and I were allowed to go and see our grandfather on Tuesday, and the visit was both nice and awkward. Nice that we got to see grandpa, and awkward that Steve got the 9th degree of questions because they really don't know jack about him. It was nice not to have them grilling me for a change and I could just sit back and talk with grandpa, and just listen to his stories and comparisons of Hailey to his sister (Grandpa thinks Hailey has red hair, hey the man is 92 and not really all here anymore I'm not the one that's going to correct him!). I felt a little bad for Steve as the first thing out of my grandfather's mouth about his car was "you got the color that your grandmother hated". It's hard not to laugh, but come on, doesn't everyone want a bright yellow sports car?? I told them that I wasn't going to stay past 6:30 since the princess needs her beauty sleep and I wanted to get her home before 7, totally left Steve to the vultures. He said that he got the speech that I normally get about not visiting enough, and it was nice that someone else got it for a change, but I really wish that they would realize that crap like that keeps us all away. Ah well I'm good for another 6 weeks or so and will have to do this dance all over again.

I lit my candle today for all the babes whos stay here was shorter then hoped for, I hope everyone else did the same.

L

No comments: