Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!

I have mentioned before that I am very grateful for my life and I really like Thanksgiving because it makes others realize what they do have and show an appreciation for it instead of the regular complaining. I thought I would just reiterate what I am grateful for as today is the day for giving thanks.

I am very grateful for my family and friends, I am very fortunate to have such wonderful people in my life that not only make the day to day easier but make it fun as we go! I am very grateful that my mom got back from her trip safely with my grandma and that there was no earthquakes or illnesses this time! I am so so so grateful that my daughter is healthy, happy and such a joy to be around. I'm very happy that the parenthood experience isn't disappointing and that I'm loving every moment of it. I am very grateful of my loving husband, and I can't express how much I love him. There is just so so so much to be appreciative of, I could be here all day!

This weekend was bitter sweet though, as one of by very best and dearest friends celebrated her 30th b-day. I got the news that I have been dreading. They will be moving back home to Vancouver and before the end of the year. I'm very happy that they will get to be near their families, I know that's all she has wanted since she moved her 2 years ago. I'm just struggling to be 100% supportive as my heart breaks a little thinking about what my life will be like without her a call and a car trip away. I love her kids as much as my own so it will defiantly leave a big gaping hole in my life with them back home where they belong. I knew it was just a matter of time, but now my time is very limited and I'm just going to have to use it the best way I can.

So enjoy your turkey, love your leftovers and be grateful for what you have and forget the rest.

L

4 comments:

Tammy said...

That's a good list! I am sorry to hear your friend moving to B.C. Is that your friend that you visit a lot in St. Albert?

mombot said...

I'm sure you have a long list of stuff you are grateful for too Tammy, yes it's my friends that live in St.Albert that are in the middle of planning their move back home :(

Tammy said...

Gee, that really bites. I sure it is good for them to be closer to family but they will miss you as well. You will have to plan a few visits to see them in the future, but not same as day to day stuff.

Outnumbered said...

Crying... I keep telling Kyle I don't what I will do without you close by. You truly are the most amazing person and I feel lucky every day to have you in my life...
crappy tears... can't see the screen.