Monday, September 20, 2010

Girls just wanna have fun

I just had a really amazing weekend with my best friend, I think I have mentioned that I have great friends before but I really believe I have the best friends in the world. What makes them so great? well lots of things actually, but the best thing about my closest friends is that I'm finally in a spot where I can be totally honest with them and they can be the same with me. It doesn't take much to make me happy :) but there is something wonderful about not having to worry about saying the wrong thing, and if you do it's forgiven or forgotten. Maybe it's a fear of putting yourself out there sometimes that keeps me from making a lot of new friends and letting them really get to know the real me, but for now I'm pretty happy with my close circle of girls that make everything alright when I'm having a craptastic day. I realize in the very near future I'm going to have to make some changes as my two best friends are making some very serious claims to move away. I'm not going to lie this makes me very, very sad but I ultimately want them to be happy, and I will have to deal with the fall out when it actually happens. I guess I just best be getting better about talking on the phone!

My weekend was very full of chatting about everything and nothing at the same time, just like old times when we weren't chasing toddlers and rocking babies. We finally got a chance to sit and eat a warm meal without interruption from our kids or our husbands and really catch up and spill our guts about pretty well anything we wanted to talk about. It feels good that even though we are nearly a decade older (and maybe a decade wiser) that all of the same reasons we have become friends still remains, and not all of the young girl has been taken over by becoming wives and mothers. It was wonderful to spend the time away and not have to worry a second about leaving home. I had a good laugh when I got home due to a wayward text that arrived late from the following week (which I didn't know was late, I had responded like it was new that day) and promptly responded "bastard" to the text about a guy not showing up to work. Mitch got the text I sent back and thought it was a little harsh that I was calling him a "bastard" outta no where... it was funny guess you had to be there :)

I love my friends like sisters, and I hope that I can grow very old still loving my ladies for a very, very long time. Next time we have a girls weekend away though we are going to live it up a little more :) maybe let a few more people in on the fun as I think we started something that needs to be shared amongst other mommies just dying for a night away! I think the best part of the weekend though after it was all said and done was the sheer look of delight on Hailey's face when she realized I was home, absence really does make the heart grow fonder!

L

No comments: