Friday, September 17, 2010

Sweating to the Oldies

I love to run, for a few minutes a day I can totally lose myself and forget all the stuff that runs my world. However my treadmill and I have a love hate relationship with each other, and recently I have not only fallen off the wagon but got trampled by the horses on the way off. Yesterday I had a little chat with one of my best friends (and I have the BEST friends in the world by the way) and she told me that she is planning on going out running a few nights a week, and it got me to thinking that if she can find time to escape her three kids and all the craziness that comes with them all being under 27 months, then there is no reason in the world that I can't figure out a time to get my growing butt onto the treadmill.

I love it after all right? well I love it after I'm done putting myself through the torture, and there is no denying how it makes me feel when I'm done. The trick of it all is to find a time in my day that works, I have always run in the mid morning, always. Even last year with a newborn I found the time to squeeze out a 40 min run 3-4 times a week (and that's why I looked and felt better last year at this time then I do now). Since I have been home from my trip to Vegas the kidlet has decided to forgo the morning nap, and transitioned to having afternoon naps, fine but there is no way that I'm ready to work out then, so there has been no working out, and a lot of eating... lots of eating. There is zero chance that I'm going to be getting up before Hailey to work out, so that's not even an option, I want to cry a little when I think about that. So that leaves evening runs, and it was fine last night, the only thing I would do differently is eating less dinner because burping it up while trying to keep a decent pace wasn't too much fun (gotta love the tums). So I guess now it's only a matter of fitting in the runs at night, and just going for it. Time to quit whining about the weight situation and do something about it, besides when I'm running, I'm eating better!

Going on a girls weekend tomorrow, first time away from Hailey overnight without Mitch! Should be fun :)

L

No comments: