Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Fail

Yikes what a craptastic day, it's 7:27pm let's just call it a day. I have thought about not writing about all the day to day "get the man down" stuff, but life isn't always like that and I think it wouldn't be too realistic going threw my life leaving out all the less then perfect stuff.

Today was really a continuance from yesterday, my engine light came on my jeep again and it's been to the dealership twice already for the same problem. The first time they kept it a week, which nearly killed me as I'm not used to being without wheels for that long, Hailey and I almost went crazy. The only good thing that came from not having my jeep a week I found out a few things about my friends, you know the ones, the ones that do things with you only when it's convenient. Let's just say that helped clear up my schedule when I'm feeling a little too overwhelmed with play dates, check ya later. But anyway, back to the jeep, our buddy Trent (who I'm starting to recognize his voice on the phone, which is never a good thing) called me back and said that they should have the part they need out of Red Deer tomorrow and all should be well (covered under warranty... dam straights there is only like 24 000 km on that bad boy). So being with out vehicle today was a little sucky, but with the really dreary weather outside (which probably didn't help my mood) we stayed in. Hailey gave us a really nasty 2:30 am wake up call this morning and did a fair amount of crying until about 5ish so needless to say there isn't a reasonable amount of caffeine that will save the day from the get go. I guess today didn't totally suck, as the Shaw guy came today and basically tightened up all the connections and fixed our ongoing saga of bad cable connections, why the first guy didn't see that is totally beyond me, but whatever if that means I can access Dora when I need her (like today, doing a stellar job of parenting with the TV). So far so good, I can stop daydreaming of switching to Telus for now. But the biggest problem that sent my day into the crapper was the fact that if I were to fired from my job, I would have been canned today. There is nothing worse then finding out that slacking over the long weekend (the totally awesome weekend I had by the way) caused Mitch to miss a few meetings earlier on in the week and one this morning. Crap, Crap double crap... millions of things to do everyday, better write myself a sticky note or something because I'm pretty sure it's not going to be the last time and that's not acceptable.

Aaaahhh good thing this time there wasn't too many repercussions, but I still feel terrible. Tomorrow should be better, I have book club and on my one night out a month I'm going to rock out... even if it's only with a few other moms and we kinda sorta talk about our book.

On a lighter note, our dinner went really well on Sunday! Everything turned out really great and having my family over was awesome. Like I said we don't need to see each other very often, but when we do it's always a good time.

L

No comments: