Monday, September 13, 2010

Good Bye Summer

Ack it's really feeling like fall out there, maybe it's because we haven't really seen the sun for a few days now that it's starting to hit home that we will be seeing the white stuff fly here in the next few weeks. Thinking back, I would say we had a pretty good summer here in the Carr house, I just wish we had a few more really hot days to do a few more things I had on the "to do" list this year.

I wanted to take Hailey to Millcreek Pool this summer, as she loves to swim and that place has special meaning for me. I remember going there with my grandma in the summer time, walking down to the pool and filling ourselves full of junk and then burning it off in the pool, while baking in the hot sun. Not to sure it's going to be what I remember it as, when look back at all the things I thought were "awesome" as a kid I am sadly realizing that my perception was hugely deranged. I also wanted to go to the new dinosaur park just out of the city, I spent all summer thinking about it rather then just doing it. That one we will save for next year and Hailey will probably enjoy it a little more. Yet again we didn't go camping this year, Mitch and I talked about it this weekend and decided that next year we will really try. I explained to him that it's our job to make sure that our "little princess" doesn't turn into that! I guess the thing I'm most disappointed about was the lack of usage of the sweet little turtle pool we got for the back yard, there just wasn't that many really nice days to actually use it :( but that bad boy will be ready to go next summer.

We did manage to make it to the city zoo a couple times this summer, and yes I know that our zoo is crappy. I just really liked the petting zoo part, and so did the kid so that's all that matters. Next year she won't be trying to eat the animal poo so I think I will like it even more. We also took in our first Fringe Festable as a family and that was a lot of fun, a little face painting, parachute playing and sand box digging is always a good time. Even though we didn't stay long it was a fun adventure with a couple of good friends and their adorable little boys. Mitch and I defiantly got to get out a little more this summer as a couple, having Mitch's mom here for more visits allowed for us to do just that. Gotta love family! I also took my first vacation away from the munchkin, as we took a working vacation to Vegas at the end of July and it was wonderful to take some time and totally unplug. There is nothing better then sitting on a pool deck reading a book and drinking a chilled beverage to make you realize how much you love your life. Amongst all the play dates, dinner dates, summer walks, and visits with friends I can say we had a really great summer! As sick as it sounds now it's time to start getting ready for Christmas....

L

No comments: