Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sister Wives

Well I'm not sure I have to say more then the title of this blogging entry, what the hell has happened to quality TV programming? Are you kidding me??? Oh TLC I remember the days when you had shows that actually were intelligent to watch, and maybe learn a few things while watching. If I wanted to learn how to redecorate a room, fix a sink or flip a house there was some really good stuff on to make that happen. Move on over Martha Stewart, Trading Spaces is going to show me how to get it done! Don't even get me started on Jon and Kate Plus 8. Most of my friends were watching it long before I had any interest, and by the time I got around to watching them they were splitsville. I think it's gotta be insanely hard to raise that many kids, but do you have to do it all on camera? It's gross how they have essentially exploited the kids to make money, and all I can think about is what happened to the Dionne quintuplets and how damaged those ladies got from making a spectacle of their childhoods. Yes, Kate has some redeeming qualities like she really tries to feed them healthy food, and they always have a clean house, and they are very well provided for, but why does she insist on trying to become a celebrity now instead of having a "normal" job? Maybe she wouldn't beable to go back to being a nurse, but she shouldn't argue that she needs to make a swack of cash to support the kids, because if they weren't good managing all the money they were being paid to expose the family to the masses, shame on them. Ack, I know my friends have mommy love for Kate, but I'm just not feeling it. Besides they have "inspired" other wack-a-do's to go and have large families that are certainly unfit to handle... ahem Octomom.

Sister wives, oh sister wives you are a horrible train wreck of a show, to horrible to look away I suppose. If you are man enough to handle 3 or 4 wives then I guess that's your own deal. All I can hope for is that you stay in Utah with people that understand you. I don't want Hailey to have any Brother-Cousins that's just far too much for me to think about.

L

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Any real man that I know can't imagine having more than one wife...lol They all agree that one is more than enough, thank you very much.

Please tell me that these women aren't actual sisters are they? God I hope not. The whole concept is crazy to me. I guess if you don't really love your husband that way then you can share him with others, but if you do in the way we love our men, then I cant imagine it.

I never watched much Jon/Kate plus 8, but the bit I did I always thought that was a lot of pressure on a family to be trying to do exciting things constantly for the camera, with 8 kids. I think Kate means well, but she is neurotic and is now trying so hard to be some hard body star (nothing surgery can't achieve). I think in the end all their quest for fame and money seriously contributed to the end of their marriage. Very sad.